Wishing to save your favorite and most useful webpages as pdf, so as to save those pages and read them online afterwards without needing to log in again.
Here we compiled some of the very useful ways to convert your favorite web pages into pdfs through various devices.
We divided this guide into three sections based on the forms of browsers.
These are as follows:
1. Saving PDFs in Chrome
2. Saving PDFs in Microsoft Edge
3. Saving PDFs in Safari
4. Saving PDFs in Firefox
Let’s begin our guide of saving our webpages as pdfs into our devices here.
Saving webpages as PDFs in Chrome browser
Start the process of saving the web pages as PDFs by going onto the page on your chrome browser. Either by searching its respective name on the search window and selecting from the results, or by pasting its link on the search window for directly reaching on the page.
Thereby follow the steps given below for saving the webpage as pdf;
- Click on the more option icon, indicated by three dots in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the “print” option from the options given below the menu.
The print window opens up, containing various options such as destination, pages, layout, and other settings below the more settings option and their respective options, arranged in the horizontal rows.
- Click on the box in front of the direction, to select the “save as PDF” option from the options given below.
Also check the other details of the PDF given below such as the Destination, and under More settings for making changes like paper size, margine, scale, paper per sheet.
After making all the adjustments into the PDF format.
- Click on the save option given below.
- Provide the location for saving your favorite webpage as PDF in your respective device.
- Once again click on the “save” option to finally save the required PDF inside your device.
Here, you finish the process of saving or downloading the required webpage as PDF in your PC or Laptop.
Now, you can easily access the webpage offline by going on to the location of the PDF file and opening it with a PDF reader in your PC or android mobile, Laptop, or Macbook.
Saving webpages as PDFs in Microsoft Edge
For saving the required Webpage as pdf in Microsoft Edge, follow the steps below;
- First of all open the required page inside your Microsoft Edge browser, that you want to download as PDF.
- Click on the more option option, indicated by a three dot icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the “print” option below the more option menu, which comes down after clicking on the more option(three dots).
Or, Press the “ctrl ” + “P” keys altogether on your keyboard, to open the Print window.
- Click on the “print” options short window opens up your browser screen, showing options such as, Printer, Layout, Pages, More Settings along with their respective setting options.
- Click on the “printer” option, to select the “save as pdf” option from those given below. And change the layout and pages settings according to their choice.
You can also click on the More Settings option to explore various other adjustments settings related to the PDF structure and design like scale, page settings, and others.
After making all the changes to the options that you need to.
- Click on the “save” option, given on the bottom of the print window.
- Provide the location where you want to save the PDF inside your device.
- Click on the “save” option once again for finalizing the saving of the PDF inside your device.
Here, the required webpage gets saved on your device as PDF.
Now, you no longer need to login to the site again and again for viewing that page. You can view it offline by opening the PDF file of that webpage on your PC or Laptop.
Saving webpages as PDF in Safari browser
Now, we move on to saving the webpages as pdf in Safari browser. This could be a really helpful guide for all the iphone desktops users for saving or downloading the webpages as PDF in their device.
So, let’s begin our guide of saving webpages as pdf in Safari browser here.
Follow the steps below for saving the webpages in Safari browser.
- First of all, move to the required page on your Safari browser, of which you want to save as PDF.
- Click on the “File” menu option from the menu bar, Situated on the top of the browser.
- Select the “Export as PDF” option from those given under the “File” menu for saving the webpage as PDF.
the “Command” + “P” keys together on the keyboard for directly reaching the Export as PDF window.
As you click on the “Export as PDF” option, a small window opens up under your browsing screen. That contains various options related to converting webpage into pdf like printer, pages, copies and their respective setting options arranged in horizontal rows respectively.
In order to change the details of the options given on top of the window, click on the space adjacent to the “printer” option, so as to select a certain option. Same goes with the other two options given below.
- Click on the option adjacent to the more detailed option, located on the bottom left corner, and select the “save as pdf” option from the other option.
You can also explore various other details related to the structure and design of your PDF by clicking on the “more details” option.
Provide the file name, title, author, and keyboards detail to the window that appears on your browsing screen after you click on the “save as PDF” option.
- Select the location on your device to save the pdf inside your device.
Once you finish adding the details and location of the PDF to be saved inside your device.
- Click on the “save” button appearing on the bottom of the window.
And hence, your web page is saved inside your Apple device, on the exact location provided by you in the process above.
Saving webpages as PDF in Firefox
The steps for saving the webpages on your desktop as PDF are;
- Open the required webpage on the Firefox.
- Click on the see more icon, indicated by three small horizontal lines on the top right corner of the Firefox screen.
- Select the print option in the see more.
- Click on the Print menu, on the top left corner of your screen.
- Select the “Microsoft Print to Pdf” option in the Select Printer.
You can also alter the page layout, margin, scale, page per sheet and other options in the window.
After you have made all the changes to the layout and structure of the PDF.
- Click on the Print button in the bottom far right corner.
- Add the location of the pdf to be saved in your PC or Laptop.
- Click on the Save button, to save the PDF.
Here you finish saving the webpage onto your desktop as PDF.
Firefox doesn’t possess a built in PDF printer, it allows you to save webpages as PDF in Windows 10 by using its print to PDF feature.
These were the ways of saving or downloading the webpages as PDF files in your Laptop or Pc.
Q: What is the benefit of saving a webpage as a PDF?
A: Saving a webpage as a PDF can allow you to easily access and view the webpage offline, and it can also be helpful for archiving or sharing important web content.
Q: How do I save a webpage as a PDF on Windows?
A: To save a webpage as a PDF on Windows, you can use the built-in “Print to PDF” feature in your browser. Simply go to the webpage you want to save, click “File” > “Print”, select “Microsoft Print to PDF” as the printer, and then click “Print”.
Q: How do I save a webpage as a PDF on Mac?
A: To save a webpage as a PDF on Mac, you can use the “Save as PDF” feature in your browser. Simply go to the webpage you want to save, click “File” > “Print”, and then select “Save as PDF” as the printer.
Q: How can I customize the layout or content of the PDF when saving a webpage as a PDF?
A: You can use the print preview feature in your browser to customize the layout or content of the PDF when saving a webpage as a PDF. This may include adjusting the page size, margins, or orientation, as well as selecting which parts of the webpage to include in the PDF.
Q: Can I save multiple webpages as a single PDF file?
A: Yes, you can use a PDF creator or editor tool to combine multiple webpages into a single PDF file.
Q: Are there any browser extensions or add-ons that can help with saving webpages as PDF?
A: Yes, there are many browser extensions or add-ons available that can simplify the process of saving webpages as PDF. These may include tools that allow you to save a webpage as a PDF with a single click, or that offer more advanced customization options for the PDF output.